Increase Clean Energy
By 2024, 50% of the electricity our members use will come from clean energy
- Bring over 1,000MW of new utility-scale wind and solar projects online by 2024.
- 70% clean energy supplied to members system-wide by 2030.
Progress in 2020
- Completed first phase on 1,000MW of new renewable projects, which, when complete by 2024, will double wind and solar resources to 2,000MW, enough to power 850,000 homes.
- 70% of energy supplied to members system-wide to be clean energy by 2030.
- 2020 Electric Resource Plan* (ERP) submitted to Colorado Public Utilities Commission identified an additional 1,850MW of renewables by 2030.
To learn more, download the Responsible Energy Plan: 2020 Progress Highlights.
*Tri-State filed its Electric Resource Plan (ERP) with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) on December 1, 2020. The plan is subject to review and approval by the PUC, and is subject to change as technology, markets and regulatory conditions change over the implementation period.