Increasing clean energy
By 2025, 50% of the electricity our members use will come from clean resources
- Bring over 1,000MW of new utility-scale wind and solar projects online by 2025.
- 70% clean energy supplied to members system-wide by 2030.
Progress in 2022
- Over a third of the energy our members used came from clean sources, and we set a renewable penetration record of 66%.
- Anticipate under-contract solar resource PPAs to come online in 2024 despite delays and price uncertainty from supply chain disruption and the U.S. Department of Commerce solar industry investigation.
- Issued a request for proposals (RFP) for new renewable, storage and hybrid technology resources for 2025-2026 emissions-free generation, receiving over 270 individual eligible bids, as part of our Electric Resource Plan.*
- Gained approval from the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) to build new transmission lines and other transmission upgrades that will support connecting up to 700 MW of renewable capacity and improve system reliability.
*Tri-State filed a landmark, uncontested settlement with more than two dozen parties on Phase I of its Colorado Electric Resource Plan in January 2022. A Colorado Administrative Law Judge recommended approval of the settlement in March 2022, with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) approving in April 2022.