Increase Clean Energy
By 2024, 50% of the electricity our members use will come from clean energy
- Bring over 1,000MW of new utility-scale wind and solar projects online by 2024.
- 70% clean energy supplied to members system-wide by 2030.
Progress in 2021
- We completed two new wind projects, totaling 304MW of the over 1,000MW of renewable projects scheduled for completion by 2024.
- Over a third of the energy our members used this year came from clean sources as we work toward our goal of 50% by 2024.
- We filed a Revised Preferred Plan to our Colorado ERP*, identifying a significant investment in over 2,000MW of renewables and battery storage to increase our clean energy to roughly 4,000MW by 2030.
To learn more, download the Responsible Energy Plan: 2020 Progress Highlights.
*Tri-State filed its Electric Resource Plan (ERP) with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) on December 1, 2020. The plan is subject to review and approval by the PUC, and is subject to change as technology, markets and regulatory conditions change over the implementation period.