Extend Clean Grid Benefits
Expanding electric vehicle infrastructure and beneficial electrification
- Committed nearly $2 million to extend the public EV charging network across members’ service areas and promote EVs and EV solutions in rural areas.
- Expanding programs to help consumers save money and energy while cutting emissions through energy efficiency (EE), beneficial electrification (BE) and other initiatives.
Progress in 2021
- Since its inception in 2020, our EV infrastructure program has supported member installation of 385 EV chargers, including four DC fast chargers and seven Level 2 public installations.
- Through our EV Experience Program, members logged almost 100,000 miles of EV ride-and-drives across their service areas.
- With our heat pump Quality Install program and rebates, we saw more than 576 air source heat pumps installed – a 30% increase throughout our service area.
- We continued our support for the Beneficial Electrification League as a Foundational Sponsor and Advisory Board member and engaged with the Colorado chapter to advance installation of air-source heat pumps while continuing to develop interest in chapters in Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
To learn more, download the Responsible Energy Plan: 2020 Progress Highlights.
*Tri-State filed its Electric Resource Plan (ERP) with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) on December 1, 2020. The plan is subject to review and approval by the PUC, and is subject to change as technology, markets and regulatory conditions change over the implementation period.